Political Action CommitteeThe Political Action Committee works to ensure voter empowerment through providing awareness, training, and programmatic support to ensure registration, education, administration, and election protection. The NAACP has developed a nonpartisan voter empowerment program designed to empower African American and people of color by increasing awareness and participation in the electoral process. The Political Action Committee will support the NAACP’s mission to ensure political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination, through implementing the following initiatives:
- A series of voter education forums addressing Bakersfield City Vote and ward specific issues
- Issue focused political action notifications through social media usage
- Local Kern County and Federal advocacy days and facilitating meetings with elected officials
- Get Out The Vote (GOTV), voter registration and poll transportation
- Partnering with local and national civic organizations to address pertinent issues
- Informing the electorate of candidate views, to hold elected officials accountable.